Formaldehyde can be said to be one of the most harmful gases affecting the family environment. Formaldehyde exceeding the standard is a headache for many families. What are the hazards of formaldehyde exceeding the standard? Formaldehyde exceeding standard
What if the formaldehyde in furniture and paint exceeds the standard? Which methods can remove formaldehyde? Below is a small edition for you to sort out the complete information of the hazards of formaldehyde exceeding the standard.
1. To sum up, there are three serious hazards of formaldehyde exceeding the standard.
1. Sensitization: Direct contact with formaldehyde can cause allergic dermatitis, stains and necrosis. Inhalation of high concentration of formaldehyde can induce bronchial asthma.
2. Stimulation: The main hazard of formaldehyde is the irritation of skin and mucosa. Formaldehyde is a plasma toxic substance, which can bind to protein, and when inhaled at high concentration, it can cause severe punctures in the respiratory tract.
Excitation and edema, eye irritation, headache.
3. Mutagenicity: High concentration of formaldehyde is also a genotoxic substance. Nasopharyngeal neoplasms can be induced by inhalation of high concentration in laboratory.
2. How can we know that the formaldehyde content exceeds the standard? Generally speaking, the concentration of formaldehyde in indoor air is related to the following factors:
1. Indoor temperature
2. Indoor relative humidity
3. Under the conditions of high temperature and humidity, the intensity of emission will be increased.
The actual test data show that under certain conditions, the concentration of formaldehyde in the air in the living environment can be aggregated above the standard allowable level, and the release period is relatively long. Generally, it is 3-15.
3. Formaldehyde comes from four aspects
At present, formaldehyde in urban and rural households in China mainly comes from four aspects:
1. It is made of plywood, blockboard, medium density fiberboard and particleboard for interior decoration. Because formaldehyde has strong cohesiveness, it also has the hardness of strengthening plate and insect control.
At present, the adhesive used in the production of wood-based panels is urea-formaldehyde resin, which is mainly composed of formaldehyde.
2. Furniture made of wood-based panels. A comparative test conducted by the Consumer Association of a city shows that 29 of the 60 moderate-density furniture samples sampled have more formaldehyde than that of the state.
The rate of exceeding the standard is as high as 48.23%.
3. It is other decorative materials containing formaldehyde, such as white latex, foam plastics, paints and coatings. Experts especially remind that latex adhesives are widely used in decoration and decoration of wood products.
It is difficult to remove formaldehyde in engineering and wall treatment, especially in the latex enclosed in the wall.
4. Interior decorative textiles, including bedding, wall cloth, wallpaper, chemical fiber carpets, curtains and cloth furniture. In textile production, in order to increase wrinkle resistance, waterproof performance, fire resistance
Yes, some additives containing formaldehyde are often added.
4. How to Prevent Formaldehyde in Furniture
Purchase Furniture: Purchase furniture that meets the national standards and ask for Furniture Use Instructions to see if formaldehyde content is marked. At the same time, attention should be paid to the material used in furniture. It is better to choose the sealing degree of wood board material.
Higher furniture; Newly purchased furniture should not be rushed into the living room, it is better to let the harmful gas in the furniture release as soon as possible for a period of time to reuse; Newly purchased wardrobe made of wood-based panels should be used as far as possible.
Don't put underwear, pajamas and children's clothes in it; if you buy or use furniture made of large core boards, you will find irritating odor, hot eyes, and family members, especially children.
The symptoms of skin allergy, emotional disturbance, poor diet and continuous cough often occur. It should be considered that formaldehyde may be the cause of the accident. Effective treatment should be taken as soon as possible.
5. Formaldehyde detection and control:
The newly renovated house and the newly purchased furniture, or when the indoor air quality is not good, carry out testing;
After decoration, it is not suitable to stay immediately. The indoor polluted air should be distributed by opening windows and ventilating.
If formaldehyde in indoor environment has exceeded the standard, it should be treated in time.